Why Choose UA Early College?
With UA Early College, you get ahead with college courses from a top-50 research university,
while you are still in high school. You are surrounded by a support network whether
you take courses online or on campus. Peer coaches are full-time UA students who mentor
and guide you in the transition to college study. Your classes are taught by student-centered
UA faculty. Academic advisors help you decide which courses are right for you.
- You can earn up to 30 hours of college credit, online or on campus.
- You can potentially receive both high school and college credit (dual credit) by taking
UA Early College courses and get ahead without doubling your course work. You choose
flexible course options; online 24/7 or on campus during the summer.
- You may be eligible for a partial tuition scholarship. (Call 877-823-8759 or email
email@example.com for current tuition and scholarship information).
- You use vibrant technology that includes video, podcast, web-conferencing, wiki, group
projects, interactive modules, and discussion boards.
- You still enter The University of Alabama as a freshman, still eligible for freshman
scholarships and Honors College, even if you have Advanced Placement credit.
- Your credit transfers broadly to colleges and universities nationwide.
- Be eligible for special UA benefits: Priority housing for entering freshmen at UA
(when you earn 17 or more hours of credit with 2.5+ GPA by December of your senior
year of high school).
- UA Admission without submitting SAT or ACT scores (when you earn 17 or more hours
of credit with 2.5+ GPA by the summer following high school graduation).
UA Early College gave me a lot more confidence when I became a full-time student at
the University. I didn't get overwhelmed because I had already taken classes.
UA Sophomore majoring in education