Steps to Take - Step One
Apply to UA Early College
You must complete all three steps before we will consider your application.
1. Complete the UA Early College online application
- Complete the online application (with $40 nonrefundable application fee)
- DO use the application link called “Early College”
- DO use the UA Early College application tutorial, so you can see exactly how to complete the correct application
- DO NOT use the application link for “Distance Learning Programs”
2. Counselor Cover Memo and Transcript
- Open the Counselor Cover Memo
- Fill out the top portion of the Counselor Verification Cover Memo, and print the form
- Take the printed Counselor Verification Cover Memo to your high school counselor for
his or her verification and signature
- Counselors may use the attached counselor memo and can submit the transcript either
- by mail to UA Early College, Box 870365, Tuscaloosa, AL, 35487-0365
- by secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- using your electronic transcript provider
- by secure fax to (205) 348-3165
3. Student Essay
After you complete the online application, use this link to submit the Student Essay (Suggested Browsers: Firefox or Safari) by responding to the below prompt.
Compose a 400-word essay based on two of the following topics:
1. How will UA Early College help you achieve your college goals?
2. What skills and abilities do you possess for college study, and how will they make
you successful as a UA Early College student?
3. Describe your academic achievements and how they have prepared you for college
Call: (205) 348-7083 or 877-823-8759