LEAP (Leaders Exploring Academic Possibilities)
What is LEAP?
Leaders Exploring Academic Possibilities (LEAP) is a summer program for rising high school freshmen hosted by UA Early College at
The University of Alabama.
- LEAP consists of a five-day academic, leadership, and service exploration. Rising high
school freshmen will participate in team-building exercises, The University of Alabama
college activities, Tuscaloosa community service opportunities, and group project
Who can participate in LEAP?
- Rising high school freshmen (current 8th graders)
- Each camp is limited to 50 student participants
When will LEAP be held?
In order to accommodate the needs of students and families, the five-day LEAP camp
will be held during two separate weeks. Students can choose to participate in the
June camp OR the July camp. Students will choose one camp in which to participate.
The LEAP program will be held on the following dates:
- LEAP Camp 1: Monday, June 18 - Friday, June 22, 2018
- LEAP Camp 2: Monday, July 9 - Friday, July 13, 2018
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Where will LEAP be held?
- The University of Alabama campus and various community service areas in Tuscaloosa
- Be a rising high school freshman student (current 8th grade student)
- Submit an online LEAP application, which includes a short essay and submission of
two online letters of reference
- Be selected for the LEAP program
- $250.00 per student
- Cost includes materials, UA campus activities, community service activities, meals,
supplies, LEAP t-shirt, closing ceremony attendance, group photo, and certificate.
Apply to the LEAP Program
In order to be considered for the LEAP (Leaders Exploring Academic Possibilities)
program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a rising high school freshman (current 8th grade student)
- Complete an online LEAP application
The LEAP application opens November 6, 2017 and closes December 8, 2017. Students will be notified in February 2018 of their acceptance into the program.
Click HERE for the LEAP application.
For additional information or questions about the LEAP program, email email@example.com or call (205) 348-7083.