LEAP (Leaders Exploring Academic Possibilities)
What is LEAP?
Leaders Exploring Academic Possibilities (LEAP) is a summer program for rising freshmen hosted by UA Early College at The University
- LEAP consists of a five-day academic, leadership, and service exploration. Rising freshmen
will participate in team-building exercises, The University of Alabama college activities,
Tuscaloosa community service opportunities, and group project planning.
Who can participate in LEAP?
- Rising freshmen (current 8th graders)
- Participation is limited to 50 students
When will LEAP be held?
The application for the 2017 LEAP Program has closed. Accepted students will be announced
in February 2017. If you are interested in participating in Summer 2018, please check
back in the fall for the online application.
The dates and times for LEAP are:
- Monday, July 17 - Friday, July 21, 2017
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Where will LEAP be held?
- The University of Alabama campus
- Be a rising freshman student (current 8th grade student)
- Attend a public, private, or homeschool in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Submit an online application and be selected for the LEAP Program
- $250.00 per student
- Cost includes materials, UA campus activities, community service activities, meals,
supplies, LEAP t-shirt, closing ceremony attendance, group photo, and certificate.