LEAP - Week of Camp
All information related to the LEAP week of camp can be found below. Please call the
UA Early College office at any time with questions. The staff may be reached at (205)
348-7083. If you need to get in touch with your student for any kind of immediate
need or emergency situation, during the week of the June or July LEAP camp, please
call the on-call phone at (205) 348-3454.
Drop-Off / Pick-Up and Driving Directions / Map
- Drop-off will begin at 7:30 AM and end at 8:00 AM. Students must arrive by 8:00 AM
- Pick-up will begin at 5:30 PM and end at 6:00 PM. All students must be picked up by
6:00 PM. (Please do not arrive before 5:00 PM).
- Parents/guardians may enter the ten Hoor Hall parking lot and follow the direction
of UAEC staff.
- Please remember to place the yellow ID card in your window so pick-up runs smoothly.
- The drop-off and pick-up route will be the same.
*Please reference the Driving Directions page for specific driving directions and a detailed map.
Camper Dress Information
- All week - Students will need to wear age-appropriate and comfortable clothing and sneakers
the entire week. Please do not wear jeans or long pants on Monday-Thursday of camp.
- Monday and Tuesday – To participate in the low ropes activities and service in the community, the best
attire for this includes socks and tennis shoes, comfortable shorts, and a T-shirt.
- Friday – Wear red LEAP T-shirt for closing ceremony and Khaki or dark bottoms/capri pants for the LEAP
Family and friends are invited to attend the LEAP Closing Ceremony held Friday at
3:30pm the week of camp. Parking information for both ceremonies and a map can be
found here. We look forward to celebrating with you!
- June Camp - Friday, June 22 at 3:30pm in the Rast Room at the Bryant Conference Center (240
Paul Bryant Drive - Tuscaloosa, AL 35401).
- July Camp - Friday, July 13 at 3:30pm in the Recital Hall of Moody Music Building (810 2nd
Avenue - Tuscaloosa, AL 35401).
- Students do not need to bring any materials to camp.
- If students are taking any medication during the camp that has not been documented
on an Emergency Contact & Student Information Form or a Medical/Prescription Authorization
Form, please reach out to us as soon as possible.