UAEC 200 Gateway Course
gets students off to a great start
The UAEC 200 Gateway Course is your entry into UA Early College!
Once you apply and are admitted to UA Early College, you must
Students who have successfully completed and passed the UAEC 200 Gateway Course have earned 2 credit hours in Early College. In addition, these students
- Participate in a Gateway Session with a parent, either online or on the UA campus. During the Gateway Session you begin your first UA Early College course - UAEC 200.
- After the Gateway Session, you complete the UAEC 200 Gateway course over about 4 weeks.
- UA Early College is available to students nationwide. Early College now offers an online Gateway Session for those who cannot come to campus.
In the UAEC 200 Gateway Course, students will learn
- Are eligible to enroll in online, general education courses with UA Early College. These are freshman-level "core" courses taught by SACS accredited UA Early College instructors. See our current online course list .
- Are also eligible to participate in on-campus summer courses through Early College. We will offer a summer residential experience for students who wish to live, dine, park and take courses on campus. We will also allow students to drive to campus for courses in summer.
High school students with at least 3.0 cumulative grade point averages who demonstrate self-discipline and reasonable time management skills should be able to manage UA Early College and their regular high school demands. Students may apply to UA Early College anytime from the spring of their sophomore year to the summer before their senior year.
- How to navigate eLearning & myBama
- Library research skills
- Time management
- Freshman writing skills (proper citations, avoiding plagiarism, etc.)
- College communication & email etiquette
- And most importantly, how to be a successful college student!