Steps to Take - Step Two
Take UAEC 200 College Readiness Course
UAEC 200 ensures that you are ready for college study. You earn your first two UA credit hours in the UAEC 200 College Readiness Course. You and your parents participate in an orientation session – your first class meeting of UAEC 200 – either on campus, online, or at a facility in your local area. Then, you complete the UAEC 200 College Readiness Course online during the 4-5 weeks following orientation. During UAEC 200, students will submit multiple assignments each week and will need to study 1-2 hours a day to be successful.
In UAEC 200, you learn:
- How to navigate online courses
- Time management
- Reading college text and preparing for college tests
- Research skills, using UA Libraries Online
- Freshman writing skills (proper citations, avoiding plagiarism)
- College communication and email etiquette
- How to format a college paper using the latest MLA
- And most importantly, how to be a successful college student!
I just completed the UAEC 200 College Readiness Course, where I found out what it
takes to be a successful college student. I learned new study techniques and time
management skills, both of which helped me to mature as a student. The learning modules
on college research and writing helped me greatly. College research is very different
from high school research, and I would have had no idea had I not taken this class!
This will help me immensely not only when I go on to college next fall but also in
my senior year of high school.
Current UA Early College student