Whether you choose to live on campus with the Summer On Campus experience, or to commute to campus for summer, you will enroll in regular University of Alabama courses. With high school approval, students who live close to campus may also take courses on campus during fall and spring.
You will take freshman and sophomore-level college courses with other University of Alabama students on campus in Tuscaloosa. This is a great way to earn college credit from a premier university and get a feel for the college classroom setting. Plus, you have the UA Early College support network of peer coaches and academic advisors to help you transition successfully to courses on campus.
Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms
- Fall UA semester is 15 weeks from mid-August to mid-December.
- Fall II is 10 weeks from September to December.
- Spring UA semester is 15 weeks from early January to early May.
- Spring II is 10 weeks from February to May.
- Summer full term is 10 weeks from June to August.
- Summer split term is four weeks, either June (Summer I) or July (Summer II).
- You may participate in one or both.
The Summer On Campus program requires a separate application. Registering for summer semester on-campus courses is not the same as participating in Summer On Campus. You may find application information by visiting the Summer On Campus webpage.
Parking on Campus
Parking on-campus will require a parking permit. Whether during the school day or evenings, the parking permit will need to be clearly displayed while in the appropriate parking zone. Visit the Parking Services webpage for more information about parking permits.