Experience College – Live on Campus during the Summer
Are you a high-achieving high school student eager to embrace a challenging academic journey? Look no further than UA Early College’s Summer On Campus program. Here’s your chance to immerse yourself in the college experience, taking courses while living on the picturesque University of Alabama campus. Earn 6-7 college credits per summer term by enrolling in two rigorous college courses alongside other dedicated UA Early College and UA students.
Learn from distinguished UA faculty as you earn 6-7 credit hours in intensive courses. Classes meet five days a week, ensuring an immersive educational experience.
Live among a diverse community of high-achieving scholars from across the country. Enjoy secure-entry residence halls with a 24-hour help desk and on-site UA Early College staff.
Benefit from access to the complete academic resources of The University of Alabama, including mandatory study halls during the week, meeting with UA Early College Student Success Coordinator.
Discover a variety of dining choices available on campus to satisfy your culinary preferences.
Enrichment and Engagement:
Participate in a spectrum of weekly events, both on and off campus, fostering connections and memorable experiences.
While the University of Alabama campus is designed for walking convenience, we understand the importance of flexibility. Students are welcome to bring their vehicles or bikes to campus, allowing them the ease of transportation within and around the campus.
How to Participate:
- Be admitted to UA Early College and excel in the UAEC 200 College Readiness Course with a score of 800 points or higher.
- Exhibit strong motivation and commitment to engaging in college-level work, and be 16 years old by the summer term move-in day.
- Complete the UA Early College Summer On Campus application, including recommendations from core academic teachers, high school principals/assistant principals, and grade-level counselors.
- Secure your spot by submitting a $200 non-refundable housing deposit.
The Summer On Campus App is Open!
The application can be accessed through your ECSR inside Blackboard.
Important Summer Dates:
Summer I Term:
- Move In: Monday, May 27
- Classes: Tuesday, May 28 – Wednesday, June 26
- Exams: Thursday, June 27 and Friday, June 28
Summer II Term:
- Move In: Tuesday, July 2
- Classes: Wednesday, July 3 – Wednesday, July 31
- Exams: Thursday, Aug. 1 and Friday, Aug. 2
Participate in Summer I, Summer II or both terms. Craft a summer that aligns with your aspirations.
Elevate your academic journey and embrace a summer of growth, exploration, and achievement. Apply now for UA Early College’s Summer On Campus program, and be prepared to embark on an unparalleled educational experience.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the UA Early College Summer On Campus program, including its academic offerings, campus living experience, and enrichment activities. Sign up for an information session.
How to Register:
To secure your spot at our information session and take the first step towards a transformative summer experience, please RSVP below:
Contact UA Early College with any questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-348-7083.